STEP UP – Establishment of a transnational network of adult education providers for the promotion of social inclusion of vulnerable groups
Duration: 15 January 2021 – 14 January 2023
EQUAL SOCIETY – Athens, Greece, www.equalsociety.gr
- The BIELSKO ARTISTIC ASSOCIATION “GRODZKI THEATRE”, Bielsko-Biała, Poland www.teatrgrodzki.pl
- CENTRO SOCIAL DE SOUTELO, Rio Tinto, Portugal, www.centrosocialsoutelo.org
- ESPACIO ROJO, ASOCIACION, Madrid, Spain, http://espaciorojo.com/
- OPEN CIRCLE ASSOCIATION, Budapest, Hungary, www.nyitottkor.hu
- OBA ÜTOPYA EĞİTİM SANAT VE MEDYA TİCARET LİMİTED ŞİRKETİ, Antalya, Turkey, www.utopiaeduart.org
The general objective of the project is to establish a new transnational network of adult education providers of informal and non-formal educational activities, who work on the promotion of social inclusion of specific adult education learners groups and in particular vulnerable groups. To this end, the project partners will collect, disseminate and pilot good practices of cultural activities which had a positive impact on the target groups. The establishment of the Network will result in the accumulation and dissemination of relevant experience, which derives from the implementation of different creative initiatives, and in the production of recommendations for the implementation of relevant activities at the local, regional, national and European level.
- Collection of good practices by all the project partners
Each partner will organize two focus groups in own country with the participation of adult education providers in order to gather different good practices of cultural activities targeting vulnerable groups. Reports summarizing relevant findings will be then elaborated and shared.
- Organization of a workshop for exchanging experiences and good practices among the partners
A two-day workshop will be held in Spain with the aim to exchange the good practices collected through the focus groups in all the partner countries.
- Pilot implementation of selected good practices
Each partner will select and pilot one good practice. The good practices will be tested in different contexts (i.e. with different target group or tested in a geographical area with different socioeconomic conditions, etc). A two-day event will be then organized in Greece to present all piloted good practices to relevant authorities and the general public.
- Production of a toolbox of good practices
This publication will present the good practices piloted by the partners, the methodology applied, the achieved results, as well as recommendations concerning their implementation in different contexts.
- Delivery of training to trainers
All partners will provide training to 20 trainers and/or members of vulnerable groups who are interested to become trainers themselves. The training will provide evidence for the policy recommendations report.
- Production of a manual on how to design and deliver cultural activities, as an educational method to vulnerable groups
Taking into consideration that different approaches might need to be adopted for different vulnerable groups, the manual will include guidelines for each target group participated in the pilot activities. The manual will be drafted in English and each partner will translate it in the national language and disseminate it to a list of relevant organizations and authorities within their country.
- Production of a policy recommendations report
The report will include specific recommendations on what type of cultural projects should be designed and implemented for promoting the social inclusion of vulnerable groups (especially with regard to the groups which participated in pilot activities); proposals on the collaborations needed for the effective implementation of such activities; recommendations on the provision of training to trainers; preconditions for maximizing the effectiveness of such projects in terms of staff, etc.
- Training for professionals, trainers/representatives of organisations involved in adult education
Each partner will implement one workshop in their country with the aim to present the manual, as well as other project results to a range of stakeholders.
- Final conference
At the end of the project, the conference will be organized in Athens in order to widely disseminate all the project’s results.
STEP UP PUBLICATIONS read more
REPORT ON THE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION read more
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.